About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

and Sundays

A sunny day today confirmed my thoughts from yesterday. We had masses of sunshine and warmth and three kids who didn't want to leave my side. Of course there's always loads of good parks around here, and a local one does miniature train rides on Sundays so it was worth packing a little morning tea and bundling everyone into the car and off we went.

The real buzz from today came from finally getting in touch with my oldest and dearest friend; the one I've known since I was about five. The downside (there's always one) is that she's now living in Australia so a catch up isn't on the cards anytime soon. Of course she has the only grandchild in her family and her parents still live here so I'm sure she's back and forth across the ditch. Can't wait to see her. Does make me think about silly mistakes we make when we're larger than life and young. I managed to completely cock up my longest friendship on a very scatty, drunken friend I'd only known five minutes. Thankfully, despite ten years, I've got a chance to put things right. It's a life lesson that's taken way too long to learn.
Well, the weekend has been survived once again. I must pat myself on the back in dealing with a discipline issue today. I amazed myself at how scarily calm, quiet and unruffled I was dealing with Kayley's incredibly bad temper. But you know the thing I just love about children? They tell you they hate you, shout at you, call you names and ten minutes later they're in your arms, giving you a look that melts your heart and they can't remember anything about all that went before. Children are the masters of forgiveness and I must make sure I take on that behaviour because it's priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment