About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

One Week Down . . .

only seven to go.

Yes, we've survived the first week. Although, I have to be completely honest and say that I'm exhausted and am looking forward to post-lunch naps. I'm even going to make a concerted effort to go lay down and shut my eyes this afternoon.

This week has been a very busy one, with the added challenge of sorting out some damaged relationships, a death and washing. Yep, washing! I inherited five huge rubbish sacks of clothes from someone who has finally started to accept the status quo. They absolutely stunk and were in great need of washing. I haven't washed all five rubbish sacks worth, but been through everything and taken out just what we need to get through the winter. Nine loads of washing later and everything is almost dry and in the drawers where they belong. Whew, I have a feeling I may never get to the rest of the clothes.

Well, my cushion is almost on the home stretch, the children are in the conservatory making a real effort to play nicely and not kill each other so I'm going to get hooking and try my hardest to relax before lunch. Mmmmm almost sleep time.

No comments:

Post a Comment