About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Crafty Girls . . .Cup Cakes

How much fun was last night? Sooooo much fun. I watched our professional cake decorator make gorgeous flowers and thought - oh no, another craft I'll be hopeless at! Well, they're not exactly roses (more like frangipanis and lilies) but they're fun to make, fairly easy and so effective. I believe this could become the icing equivalent of crochet!



This is the one I'm least happy with. But something like this would be good for a home birthday cake.



This is my next least favourite . . . it was the first of the flower I tried to make.



This one is getting there . . . the nossel on the icing bag was a bit big.




And my favourite of all . . . which was the second cake I did. I can't believe I made a frangipani. It's quite ironic really as it's my favourite scent and it's one of my favourite flowers (aesthetically speaking).






























No comments:

Post a Comment