About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Crafty Girls



Thanks to my wonderful friend Kate, I've discovered just how therapeutic art and craft can be. Thus, I've joined a little group called Crafty Girls that meets once a month at the local church. Now, I'm not a religious person so I had my doubts . . . both about my creative ability and the company: quodos to the girls, they are really nice, do not carry bibles with which they beat me around the head and it's soooo much fun. This picture is a result of my first session. Unfortunately the flas has taken away some of the effect but I'm still happy enough with it to hang it in my new house. This month we made wire wall art. I'm not so happy with the results of that (I've given it to Kayley) but it was still fun to make. The only down side is that, while working with wire I've cut my finger slightly which is playing havoc with the crochet. Mum's happy about that as it's slowed me down a little and I've got some time to do more chores now. Mike Kelly told me the secret of happy parenting is to forego chores and housework. While I'm never going to have the personality type to be comfortable with that, I can understand his point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment