About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Creative Success


The weekend is over almost as quickly as the week was. And this weekend I managed to create some things that are actually useful . . . well one was. Here's a pic of Rogan sporting the beanie I made for him and the scarf I made for Kayley. The scarf is more decorative than warm but it looks kinda cool. The hat is fabulous, took only a couple of hours to make and Rogan loves it. (He wanted to wear it to bed last night.)


Now I'm making a cardigan for myself. I'm going to knit this so I'm not holding out much hope as knitting has never been one of my strong points. However, I will just take my time and enjoy the process. Who knows, maybe I'll try another new craft once this is done. I must admit though, I've got a quilt three quarters made that needs finishing.
I'm going to try and find a quiet spot this afternoon and get to work on my jumper as Rogan's off to pre-school, mum's off to a ladies luncheon and Janae will be fast asleep. Ahhhhh the bliss of children who sleep in the afternoon. Long may it last!

No comments:

Post a Comment