About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cushions of Love . . .



and mountains of gold!

It's been one of the most trying weekends to date and it's only been watching some lovely things unfold beneath my fingers that's kept me sane.

I know of parents who dread holidays and long weekends and they're the natural parents to their children. I struggle with two days at home: this weekend we have four days at home and the strain is starting to tell. This morning I lost the plot completely and I'm sure you could have heard my voice at the other end of the street as I laid down the law to three unruly children. We even had a stint at the park, but it was freezing with the southerly wind starting to get going. Then we ended up at school for a play as it was more sheltered. There the behaviour wasn't any better . . . they tried a gang terrorism of another little boy. *sigh* I wish weekends were easier. So, I've decided that if the sun is shining tomorrow morning, I'm packing up a few bits to eat and drink, I'm going to bundle the children into a dozen layers of clothes and we're off to the Mount beach in search of shells and sanity. Keep your fingers crossed that we find some.

I wanted to call around to give Greedy For Colour some of the last roses today due to her cold but just couldn't bring myself to subject her to my noisy and terrible tribe. I'll call you tomorrow to see how you're feeling and if you're up to half an hour's chaos.
Tonight I'm out for a big night. (If you know me I can hear you sniggering as you'll know "big nights" aren't my thing at all.) My neighbour came over yesterday and she's offered her son to baby sit while I go over there for dinner tonight. The children are blissfully unaware of my fiendish plan as they'll be all tucked up in bed by the time my lovely baby sitter arrives. I can't even begin to imagine eating a meal without standing up through most of it, refereeing disagreements and without having to do dishes afterwards before falling exhausted into a chair somewhere wishing my evenings were longer and my days shorter.
I sound like a moaning old minnie today and I apologise. Only two more sleeps and school starts again. I'm sure I'll be a new woman tomorrow after my night out. Until then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment