About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Dig Deep Day


Today has been what I call a 'Dig Deep Day': It's one of those days where I've had to dig deep to find the will to do the smallest tasks; to dig deep to find the encouraging smile a child needs; to exercise patience with a child filled up with a cold and feeling awful; to say the I love yous knowing I mean it from the bottom of my heart but just don't have the energy to express.

As I hide in the mudroom I look back on the day and know that it's just one of those days and that tomorrow is a clean slate. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, knowing that I'll be well slept, brighter and more receptive . . . I'm just pleased that children love you whatever your mood. I'm determined that tomorrow we'll go to school for a romp around in the playground . . . they can have the place to themselves on a Sunday morning. Kayley can have another go at making pom poms knowing I'll have a little more patience to teach her properly. Janae can squeal and chatter as much as she likes because it won't cut through me like a blunt knife and Rogan can snuggle up and sneeze all over me and tell me how bad he feels.
Bring on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment