About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hunger Pains


I had one of the worst starts to a day that I've had in a very long time. I got Kayley to school okay and then it all started to fall apart. Rogan got grumpier, naughtier and more annoyed with me and the world as the minutes wore on. We tried time out, we tried discussing the issues, we even tried losing our tempers. Nothing worked . . . until I realised that Rogan had been tempted by Kayley to go and play boats out in the conservatory and hadn't eaten his breakfast. With him in his bedroom screaming blue murder, I quickly pulled out fruit, bread, spreads and whipped up a very hearty snack. Within minutes of eating my chirpy, chatty, happy boy was back from the dark side. From now on there's a much stricter routine at breakfast . . . I new it was the most important meal . . . but not just how important.
The big break through - as I write this - Rogan has informed me he needs to wee. A small thing? Not by a long shot. It seems his brain has finally connected with his bladder and we're all go on the toilet training from. Ahhhh at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment