About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I will survive

Yesterday I wrote that one of the things I worry about is how I will cope when Mum's away in the UK for eight weeks. Well, today showed me that it's not going to be any harder and, in some ways, maybe even a little easier. I had most of today to myself and I was amazed.

Having my own space got the motivation going. I had two load of washing out, ironing done, yoghurt going in the maker, a cheese cake in the oven, dinner in the crockpot and a walk up the road with Rogan and Janae . . . all by 11am. I was astounded when I sent the little ones to the sandpit and sat down to my crafts. They played out there happily for about an hour until a neighbour popped over for a cup of tea and a quick catch up. Then they decided that someone new to talk to and play with was far more interesting than the sandpit full of spiders.

I even got the courage up to drag the three of them around the supermarket this afternoon. Again, I was surprised. Kayley and Rogan did a bit of racing around like mad animals, but I gave them the option of sitting and waiting for me to get through the checkout or stand with me. They didn't manage the sitting bit for long. All good though, they came and stood by the trolley like i asked and behaved.
So at the end of a fairly successful day I realise that I will be okay and it's unlikely that I'll want to murder them within the first 24 hours etc. And, having my own house means I can do things in my way, my time . . . or not at all if that's what I want. I love my parents and I cannot imagine how I'd have got this far without them. They've been amazing about having us all under the same roof. I also know that there'll be three collective sighs of relief the first night the children and I are in our own house.

No comments:

Post a Comment