About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, May 1, 2009


It's just been one of those days . . . one of those days when I've felt like my time isn't my own. Of course, living with the folks doesn't help; I just remind myself it's not for ever. Today I wanted to start the day with some baking but, alas, there was no flour so it was bundle everyone in to the car and off to the supermarket. By the time we got home it was all busy getting ready for Minnows, lunch and afternoon sleeps; home again for my own lunch and a quick breather. Being me, I had promised myself I'd mow the neighbour's lawn before they arrived back from their overseas holiday tomorrow so I raced around doing that. Guess what . . . finally got that baking done by 5pm. I have been a 'parent' now for just over four months and I still cannot believe how time consuming children are, how time just isn't your own any more and how frustrating that can be. But, I refuse to end this day on a moan! We play a game at bedtime called "My Favourite Part of Today". Today my favourite part was seeing Janae and Rogan wrapped in an old sheet while Kayley dragged them across the lawn, all three giggling with glee. It sets my heart alight to see how carefree they can be after all they've gone through. Thank you my three cherubs, you make it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment