About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

My New Hat



I went to bed last night full of thoughts of mum leaving in the morning, of gorgeous crochet patterns and ideas of hats swirling endlessly. So, as you do, I got up, grabbed some wool, a hook, some paper and a pen and got started. I can't believe just how well it's turned out. I'm going to call it my Sugar Bowl Beanie as when I was about five rounds in it looked just like one of those ghastly crochet covers to go over a sugar bowl that my grandmother used to have.


So here's Kayley modelling it for me. It's a bit big for her, but you get the general idea. The pattern needs a little tweaking, but when it's right I'll post it. I'm going to make a scarf tonight to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment