About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, May 4, 2009

The small things

We were walking down to the pool this afternoon and the children were running through the autumn leaves giggling at the crunchy noises and imagining how big the pile would be if they heaped them all up and I remembered why it's the little things that make life great. I get so caught up in the big stuff: I worry about whether New Zealand should strengthen their sanctions against Fiji or just do away with them as they hurt the people and not the regime; I spend hours looking at the brick on houses I pass wondering which would look best on my house and what colour grouting I need; I stress about how I'm going to cope for eight weeks while Mum's in the UK. All of this is silly when you can get lots of pleasure from something as insignificant as some fallen leaves and children's feet.


So on that note, Mum and I are organising a mega girls' night. I bought Mum the film Australia on DVD and we thought we'd invite a couple of our friends over for a viewing while Dad's away. A few has turned into a dozen and I'm really looking forward to it. Drinks, nibbles, Hugh Jackman naked . . . it doesn't get better than that!


Now I'd better get on with the task for tonight. Kayley is making rain hats at school this week and she wants a couple of crocheted flowers for it. Pink one is complete, blue one to do. I'm sure she'll love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment