About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The success of morning teas

This picture shows the carange of a successful morning tea. The noise (I want to say cacophany, but that's pretentious), the laughter, teasing, tasting and trying to fix the coffee machine. Despite the inability to fix the coffee machine, we had lots of fun and I was exhausted afterwards. Thankfully, the gluten free carrot cake went down well . . . as did the 1970s recipe cheese ball.
One thing to come out of today is that I'm not a confident artist. I worry about the stuff I do as it's all stolen from other people's work. Apparently, according to those who shared the morning tea, there's not an original idea left so I'm not to worry about it. Hmmm, there's a novel idea - me not worrying about something. To all those I scalp ideas off, I apologise ;).
It's been a hectic day, and I'm a little grumpy this afternoon following a late night last night; however, it's almost over and I'm going to hide myself away in the mud room tonight having some quality alone time. I can't believe a whole week's gone by and I haven't really had any time by myself. Dad's been away all week so I've been hanging out in the lounge with Mum. That's all good, but I'm starting to feel a little like I've got cabin fever so, before I bite anyone's head off for looking at me the wrong way, I'll check out of life and check into my own space for a bit.
Here comes the weekend so sanity is a scarce commodity right now!

1 comment:

  1. That cake was so good I woke up with memories of it this morning.

    ReplyDelete