About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Thank you Debbie Stoller


I've finally cracked it! I've been struggling with some of the trickier patterns in Debbie Stollers Crochet book and I've finally got the hang of it . . . by using her stitch charts strangely enough. Once you learn the symbols it's easy to see what you need to do, where and how many times. (Shame there's not a stitch pattern for life.)


This is a picture of something I've been working on in Debbie's book. Once I'd learned to read the stitch guide it just started coming together. It's going to be a short little cardigan for the summer and the only disappointment is that I can't wear it for months yet as it's freezing these days. If you want to check out stitch guides go here or here. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment