About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thank you Kate

A quick thank you to Kate who informed me that the Tauranga Knitting Shop had loads of four and eight ply cotton. I took a sneaky trip in there this afternoon after picking out bricks for the house. Needless to say, I came away with a full bag and empty purse. I'm re-starting the bedspread in the new soft cotton and, although I'm only half a flower in, it's going to be much better this way (not to mention quicker!).

What to do with the other four squares I've already completed and sewn together? I thought I might cadge some of Greedy For Colour's lovely vintage lace, sew it up both sides and make the toilet roll holder for a mutual friend who suggested the idea in the first place. I think it'd be a very humorous gift and would look perfect in Manchester!

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious - I am sure he would love it!

    ReplyDelete