About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Thanks Dad


What a thoroughly enjoyable day! Dad let me know that he was incharge of running kids about today and that I should use the time wisely. That I certainly did. I've spent the day creating tiny flowers and things for Janae's painting and finishing Rogan's painting. I've had such fun.
I decided that the children need to be able to take ownership of their rooms in the new house (when it's built) and tried to find that one artistic bone burried deep within myself by creating them a painting each. Kayley's is inspired by her love of Bratz and bling. Rogan's by his new love of fishing with Granddad and Janae's was insipired by her love of digging in the rose garden while I hang out the washing (oh an my insane love of creating the smallest crochet flowers imaginable). I'm not entirely sure if I totally like these paintings or not but the kids do so that's the most important thing.

Well, another week has flown by. Kayley and I took a trip to our little library after school and as I write this she and Rogan are snuggled in the beanbag watching Little Mermaid. I got some time to look for some things myself and have discovered the most amazing book that I have to buy. Stich 'n Bitch Crochet the Happy Hooker is a brilliant book with step-by-step instructions to every stitch imaginable, a great historical look at where the art of crochet came from and amazing patterns. I won't have enough time to really go through the book while it's on loan from the library so I've decided I'm going to try and find it to purchase. It's one of those books that just has to live on my bookshelf and be thumbed through often. I intend to spend much of my time this weekend with my head in it (wet weekends can sometimes have a silver lining).

1 comment:

  1. You just know I am going to have to copy those flowers at some stage. My weekend is going to be devoted to finishing the kimono baby jumper. Archie's cousin is having a sleep-over, it is sheer madness over here, let me tell you.

    ReplyDelete