About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Treasure Trove


This morning Mum dug out all her old knitting patterns in search of a crochet poncho she wants me to make for Janae. Well, what a trove of gorgeous treasure dating as far back as 1964.


As I discussed in an earlier blog I am not really a knitter but I searched through each pattern, each women's magazine (with dates like July 1972 and costs of around 15 cents) searching for crochet patterns. I've found all sorts of exciting things. I've also found some that I will never make because, as much as retro is fun, it's not a look I'm going for.


I can't wait until the two project I have on the go now are complete and then I can start on something new and exciting. Hmmm, which to chose first.

No comments:

Post a Comment