About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Working Girl


It's a cold and wet day in Rotorua, but I'm in a lovely, warm office doing lots of important things. Well, I'm probably not doing lots of important things, but at least it feels like it. I'm back at Rotorua District Council making very long lists of work to take home and keep me occupied over the next month.
I must say, as I make this long list, I am mourning the time I've had over the past couple of weeks where I've had time to crochet, knit, paint, read and relax during the times when the children are having their afternoon sleeps. However, giving up that time puts me one step closer to my new furniture for when the house is built so I must not complain.
Strangely enough, I'm also missing the chaos of a day focused around children. I was there for the breakfasts, the rows over hair and teeth brushing and the lovely kisses and cuddles at school. But I've missed out on Janae's snuggles when I'm putting her to bed; I've missed hearning Rogan tell me he loves me $100 countless times throughout the day; and I'll miss taking Kayley to swimming lessons this afternoon. The upsides of today are being able to catch up with so many friendly faces. It does me good to see the smile on a friend's face when they see me and rush over to hear the latest 'kid' gossip. And the best part is that it's Friday and I'm going to join the Social Club for a quick drink before heading back to Tauranga. It feels like a lifetime ago since I sat upstairs on the balcony listening (and participating) in the laughter of work colleagues unwinding after a busy week. It'll do me good.

No comments:

Post a Comment