About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The beauty of sharing

I love going to Greedy For Colour's place for a cup of Earl Grey and a catch up. I always come away feeling creative and inspired. Granted, I don't always come away with an idea but often with the possibility of something fabulous. Today was no exception!

I dropped Rogan and pre-school and had a sneaky look at the books for sale. The very first was something of a sister book to my beautiful Baking Soda book and I just had to get a copy of that. But, as soon as I saw the cover I knew what my next creative idea is. I saw a decorating show the other day where they had nine small frames with cool things inside and thought . . . I know where I'd put that in my new house, but what to have in them. Now I know . . . three variations on my three favourite things: Shells and the beach, crochet with cotton, and flowers. Now I need to source nine little paper toll boxes and get to work . . . once I've finished my blanket and the half dozen baby's hats I've promised the local Mainly Music group as gifts for new mothers. All I need to do now is make sure the idea grows rather than gets lost in the myriad things running around my brain at any given moment!

1 comment: