About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Doily Delights











I've been feeling completely under the weather over the weekend and the past two days so I've been hiding myself away at the dining room table trying to keep the brain functioning by making doilies (as I posted a while back). Despite the horrible cold I've got it's been so much fun. With modern colours these treasures are looking amazing.










I did briefly discuss how these might be displayed as images rather than doilies with a friend who has an art degree that was based around textiles and fabrics, but she wasn't all that sure of how she'd go about it. We have a picture framers who have always framed my cross stitches so I think I might take them down there sometime and discuss the options. Steph did mention that old laces are often displayed in frames so it might not be as difficult as I thought. Just need to figure out whether I'll need to wash and starch them first.






As for the children, bless them so much. I've been very clear that I've been feeling like death warmed up and I'd appreciate all the love, patience and good behaviour they can spare and they've done just that . . . for the most part. And today Dad took himself off fishing so we've had the house to ourselves. I'm kinda hoping he'll stay out for a bit this evening so I can sit by the fire and chill out rather than rug up and head for the mudroom for my daily dose of solitude. Keep fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment