About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Don't be afraid of swine flu . . .

Just going to the doctor's can be a near death experience.

I bowed to pressure and went to see the doc this afternoon. We sat in a window seat and waited, saw the doctor and then went to the pharmacy to have our prescriptions filled. Not being in there two minutes someone called out . . . a car's just driven into the doctors. Wondering what was so exciting about that I popped my head out the door. A car had literally driven into the doctors, through the very window we'd just been sitting at. How scary is that . . . almost as scary as the HUGE bill I had to pay just for walking in there.

Needless to say, it's probably best to have a sensible diet, keep warm and dry, keep fit and then you have much less chance of being run down by a car while you're waiting in the doctor's surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment