About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Getting Lost in Creativity


This evening we had a fairly good night. We had a very easy, yummy tea and I let the family eat in the lounge as a treat. (While Nana is away, we'll enjoy ourselves.) Got everyone to bed, realised there wasn't much on telly to while away the hours so got out my fondant and tried to be creative.


I had a lovely time really. Then decided that since I don't own any colour dust I'd make up a mix of gin and conventional kiwi food colouring and see what happens. The outcome isn't brilliant but still inspiring to continue on this road of flower making. Take note . . . they don't last long in our house as there's always someone willing to devour a sweet rose for morning or afternoon tea.


The next time I get a chance to go to town alone I'm definitely going to the cake decorating shop in Otumotai and have a browse around for colourings and things. Then all I'll need is for Mum to come home, the house to be finished and the children at my folks for a night so I can let loose and have some real fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment