About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A hope for our new home


Mmmmm I've unfortunately been woken from the deepest afternoon sleep I've had in a long time by a telephone call of all things . . . and not one that had anything to do with us. However, the lull between waking and the children waking game me pause to think about the bliss I'd just left and how much I hope there's a place just like this in our new house.

Upon having a disaster of a long weekend due, in a large part, to my own exhaustion, I vowed that Wednesday afternoons would be my sleep afternoon to give me strength to see out the rest of the week. It's more difficult than I thought as my will would much prefer to be sitting in the sun crocheting, even at the computer working, or out in the garden or something. But I dragged myself off to Kayley's bed and was out like a light in minutes. As I drifted off I could feel the sun slowly creeping from my feet up my body as if the room was rotating independent of the rest of the world, and just for me. The silence of slumbering children muffled the sounds from others activities and the dreams came. I dreamed of old friends on a camping trip; of an old love who had always been blissfully unaware of my affection (and still is to this day). I dreamed of laughter and affection and of plans for the future.
Where did all this come from I wonder. I'm sure now that it was the magic of a little girl's room full of imaginings and little girl treasure. And added to this magic was the warmth of a winter sun through a single pane of glass. So, that's what I want in my new house . . . a magic room of imaginings, warmth and peaceful slumber. I even hope there might be four of those rooms: one for each of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment