About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A light at the end of the tunnel

I got the phone call this morning that I've been waiting for, for what seems like months. The house has finally been started! Granted, there's a very long way to go, however, the pegs and string lines should go up today, the prefloor plumbing should be done by the end of the week, and, with a bit of luck, we should have a floor by this time next week. Yee Ha! It's the very best news when I'm feeling akin to death being warmed.

I've bowed to pressure from father today and booked an appointment with the doctor. I'm getting worse not better and now just speaking is difficult. Why does life get busy when all you want to do is sleep? Today has to be one of the toughest and all I want to do is be in bed in the sun. We have Virginia from Linmark coming in ten minutes; we have a paediatrics visit with Rogan this afternoon, we have my doctor's appointment later this afternoon; and, this morning, Kayley woke up with her version of this cold/flu. Oh, and our cleaners are in today. As I take five minutes to put this together they are kindly engaging the three children in cleaning chores, refereeing fights and giving me some much needed space. Thank you so much ladies. I feel a small bunch of flowers might be in order next Wednesday.

It's days like today that I wish my mum was home. I hope you're having a great time my lovely mother, but know you're sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment