About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Melt Down

Ah dear, it was too good to last. Only this time it was me having a tantrum rather than the kids.

Suddenly I'd just had enough come dinner time. The kids had been winding up Dad while he tried to watch the telly (that always stresses me out when I'm rushing about getting dinner on). I got them all seated and Janae threw her plate full of food on the floor. I lost the plot a little. I put her out of the high chair, told her off severely and burst into tears. Oh my how I wanted my mother right then (still do if I'm honest). But, she's 12,000 miles away so I've gotta suck it up and get on with it!

Now it seems Dad's got the hump with me. Oh well, being thankful for small mercies, he won't be regaling me with stories from his hunting books tonight. Think I'll curl up in the foetal position in a chair and lose myself in 6ft tall rugby players beating the crap out of each other in the hope that NZ can pull off a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment