About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Motivating Factor



Grandad has been very patient with us really, all the noise, chaos, grumpy daughter ruling his house. So last weekend we went off to buy him a thank you gift. We came home with a weather station. It is this, sitting on the bench by the stove top that has been my motivating factor today. I watched the temperature plummet to -0.2 this morning, saw that there was rain coming in the next 24 hours, remembered that I have to take Rogan for a hearing test tomorrow morning so today was my last chance to get stuck into washing.


Now, I have lovely, fluffy, clean sheets on my bed, made with no ridges or bumps, not clothes strewn across is, books waiting to be read or put away, balls of cotton and wool begging to be turned into something wonderful, pajamas wishing they could stay on the body instead of be thrown down carelessly: all these things missing from my room and it just makes me want to go in there, shut the door and enjoy the tidy solitude of it all. Mmmmm can't wait for bedtime tonight.


So the sun is shining, the children are happy, I'm starting to feel more like myself and the chores are almost done. Must mean it's time for a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment