About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, June 15, 2009

My Box of Sanity


I am feeling more like a human being today. This is due mostly to a much needed nana nap. I so struggle putting myself to bed in the afternoon. I realised this afternoon it's because I have so little time to myself that it's almost too precious to waste on sleep. However, it was worth every dreamy second as we had a virtually drama free evening, every one's in bed asleep and now I've got a few hours to myself.
So, I thought I'd show what I call my Box of Sanity. It's pretty full right now as I'm making some more of the cushion covers that I made a couple of weeks back. I dragged Rogan and Janae through the Bernina Sewing Centre in search of just the right beads and sequins and it's all piled into my little basked waiting to be make into something beautiful (hopefully).
I also got extravagant and went to the 11th ave wool shop and splashed out on fresh wool for the third pillow. When I think about the time spent and the cost of materials, they're pretty extravagant cushions but the pleasure out of making them and from cuddling up with them and a good book is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment