About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Little Helper


While I may not enjoy being woken at 6.30 each morning to the sounds of tiny television, rows over space on the sofa and the tugging at my blankets as small children beg for food (i.e. please make my breakfast now) I do relish the fact that by starting early all the really onerous tasks are over by about 9.30 or 10am and leaves a whole chunk of the morning for fun things. I quite often take up a pew at the dining room table where I can chat with Rogan and Janae as they play and do crochet; invariably Janae shouts her version of "up, up" and sits by me going through my sewing basket cherishing each little trinket, each rattle of a needle caddy, each feel of fabric and wool . . . never minding when I say "put that down, don't touch that, don't climb on the table".
But this morning, I just couldn't resist this photograph. I had put the blanket over the back of the chair while I threw together yet another square and when I looked around there she was wrapping herself in it with such a look of love on her face. So I'm going to believe that her presence next to me as I create warm and cuddly things for our new home is the element of love infusion that is required to make something warm and cosy into something cherished for a lifetime.
Of course, she the love infusion didn't last long once the plumber had turned up with a big bag of goodies (spanners, screw drivers etc) to service the gas fire. Now he was far too interesting to even let a blanket get in the way. Needless to say, she parked herself on the sofa and engaged him in a full 30 minutes of baby talk. He must have children at home because he seemed to follow the flow of conversation effortlessly. Ahhh, it's always nice to have someone else to amuse your children while you take the opportunity to have a sneaky cup of tea in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment