About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, June 12, 2009

The strangest feeling

I've just watched the last two of my three children leave the house this morning and I just can't believe how weird it feels. Dad told me that he'd take the kids into the supermarket with him this morning (he's a braver man than me) and give me a couple of hours off this morning. I was soooooo excited. But the strangest thing is it literally felt like little pieces of string were pulling at my heart when they drove away. This is the first time in three weeks or more that I haven't had at least one of them just metres away. Don't get me wrong . . . I'm going to finish folding the washing and putting it away and then I'm going to kick back and relax (maybe catch up on last night's Shortland Street) and start on the boarder of the blanket, nice cup of Earl Grey and truly relish this rare occasion, but I'll miss them, which is quite reassuring really.

No comments:

Post a Comment