About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Super Sunday


Well, it was with relief and a smile on my face that I sat down to a relaxing Sunday evening with my work-in-progress (blanket) and the Beatrix Potter story on telly. We'd had the most lovely day.

It was a day virtually devoid of any tantrums. We'd been along to see Greedy for Colour's stall at the Lions Market in Omokoroa; from there we went down for a lovely play on the beach and at the park and then long leisurely sleeps for the afternoon. The afternoon's play was all about markets and stalls and selling things. I even had to go looking for the tribe later and found them at the end of the drive under the big tree trying to hock off bits of bark to any passers by. Thankfully passers by on our street are very few and far between. Then they had a quick visit to the neighbours (all three of them).

It's plainly obvious that we were all in fine spirits by bedtime. Even Team Kiwi had a look in yesterday. He is Kayley's class mascot and each student gets to take him home for a weekend and take him on their adventures. They have to write a short explanation of what they got up to and have pictures. This one's a gem of Kayley.

So let's hope the week continues in such a luxurious and friendly manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment