About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thanks Vicks Vapo Drops

At last, a product that does what the advertisers say it will . . . soothe the throat and clear the nose. Yep, round two of winter colds is upon me so it was a solo trip to the chemist (again) to load up on the necessary drugs.

Last night I had one little boy who spent the whole night believing his bed was full of spiders, a little girl who fell asleep upside down in her bed and proceeded to cough, sneeze, snore, splutter, burp and fart her way through the night . . . all while I was trying to ignore a sore throat and get some sleep. Needless to say things are a little hazy around here today. I discussed making Kayley sleep in my bed tonight and I sleep in her room so that I can get a decent night's sleep. Dad has gallantly given up his room so he can sleep on the boat. I think his chivalry has a lot to do with having a few hours of solitude himself. It means I'll miss Crafty Girls this week, but that's probably necessary anyway. (Can't go spreading germs to all and sundry.)

We had a visit from my parent's Best Man today. Bob Lynn has been a name bandied about in our family for as long as I can remember. He was the only non-English member of the congregation at my parent's wedding. So, I think it'll be reminiscing around here this afternoon. Great . . . good excuse for me to head off for a long, warm snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment