About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Two Down. . . One to Go

This morning was Rogan's first full day at preschool. I had expected to feel a range of emotions including guilt, worry, sadness at him being put in an educational institution for a full eight hours at only three years old. I had expected that he'd be a bit clingy when he first arrived. I was mistaken on all counts. As I settled him at the art table and started to dip cookie cutters in vivid colours of paint he looked at me, said "Here, I'll give you a kiss and then you can go." He planted me with a sloppy kiss and pushed me towards the door. Getting into the car, Janae sitting in the back I smiled. It was like a huge relief to know that I had the rest of the day with only one child to care for. And did we go for it.
Janae and I spent the morning racing about town buying birthday presents for Kayley's party on Saturday, cottons for more crochet, returning unwanted Sky decoders, buying replacement breakfast bowls (Janae managed to smash two in one evening yesterday) and groceries. She was a gem. She enjoyed the one-on-one I think.
So I got my latest doily completed, had a lovely nap this afternoon and had a nice time playing Guess Who with the kids after school. I'm thinking I'm going to really enjoy being the parent of school aged kids when the time eventually comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment