About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Waiting Patiently


My 9am appointment cancelled on me this morning (whooping cough in their house, so they can keep it in their house) so all my hard work yesterday meant that we have a fairly open schedule this morning. It's been just lovely really.

I have tried out a new cupcake recipe from my new Cupcakes, Cheesecakes and Cookies recipe book. It's one I will serve up for my two favourite gluten intolerant morning tea visitors next time they come around. One of them will no doubt read this so I'll not give away too much . . . but to say think Mars Bars, rice bubbles and marshmallows. Yum! They look almost as good as they taste.

Having got the cupcakes made I sat down to my unfinished blanket. I laid out what I've got complete on the floor so I could see the next move (much like a very serious chess game . . . not) and got to work. Within minutes Janae had taken claim and hopped aboard. It's not even half way put together and she's enjoying it already. I can see this is one that's going to be well loved and well fought over for early mornings in the lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment