About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Concentration Required


Last night I started on a new project . . . one that I've coveted since I found a book in a second hand shop. It's supposed to be a bedspread but I think I'll use it as a throw over my ancient old sofa that will go in the family room. Anyway, having discovered that I crochet very small stitches (even smaller than those required) I've realised I need to use a significantly larger hook than that specified. So I got started on the first square of 26. This afternoon I tried doing some more. Alas, the pattern is so involved that constant interruptions are just not conducive to happy hooking.

You will notice I've photocopied the stitch diagram and am highlighting those rounds I've completed to be sure I'm working on the correct round. Unfortunately, I missed a single puff stitch and didn't spot it for two rounds so I've had to unravel it, add the missing stitch and now I'm playing catch up.

So, my lesson today is, find something simple to do in my afternoons and keep the throw project for those hours after childrens' bedtime.

2 comments:

  1. AM so impressed - creativity and maths - how on earth could you be expected to parent as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to crochet with a sick child on my knee today and have pulled it undone too many times. Parenting and counting stitches aren't working for me either. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete