About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Covet Thy Neighbour




Every time I crochet with my friend I secretly covet her hook holder. She made it herself and the fabric is gorgeous. But, most importantly I covet the neatness of it all. The ability to open a pretty wee thing and choose the appropriate tool, begin work . . . no hassle . . . no stress. This thought completely epitomises who I am. However, my hooks are kept in a little snaplock bag at the bottom of my basket in a complete muddle. Today it all got the better of me (as a lot of things have done today). I threw down my current table cloth project and went in search of some fabric.
Within an hour I had a little holder, complete with padding (to give it some edge) and some very badly stitched seams as I never purported to be a sewer. I looked at it waiting for the love affair to begin. Alas, it needed more. As I have no bias binding, nor any knowledge of how to attach bias binding to anything else, I decided to go back to the one thing I know . . . crochet. The pictures above show the finished result of a very basic fringe. Please, I beg, don't enlarge the pictures or you'll never speak to me, email me, call me or even think of me again. I remind you, I'm not a sewer. But, I do love the fact that I have a little case for the sole purpose of holding my hooks. Life feels just a little fuller right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment