About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Definately Tomorrow


I got all excited about a craft/ play date with a friend and her children today; so excited that I dug out the old tea cosy my Aunty Min knitted on a visit here 25 years ago. (Actually, it's one of about five she did while here for a three month visit.) I'd unearth the tea cosy in preparation for lots of chats and the hope that, having the tea kept warm, we wouldn't need to keep interrupting ourselves to make another pot. Unfortunately wee Rogan woke from his nap with a very funny tummy, a ghost like face and a few visits to the loo. So, being the responsible person I try to be, I telephoned my friend and informed her of the developments. Alas, we had to call the afternoon off.

I am pleased to report that, despite my worst fears, he's virtually back to his usual self. I'll keep him off dairy for the rest of the day (saying no to ice cream will be difficult), get him to bed early and send him off for his visit with his mum tomorrow and we'll definitely have that date tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the weather will be better as Grandad wants to take the kids for a burn round on the Mule while we women enjoy walking around my framed home and discussing all things womanly. I can't wait!

1 comment: