About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, July 10, 2009

The Hopes of a Morning

(Please Enlarge Me)

It's with a disappointed heart that I post these photographs now. I knew I should have done it earlier.


This morning, while waiting for the car to warm up I just couldn't resist capturing some of the frosted delights of a garden in winter. It was so still, so beautiful, so unspoilt by the day.




This afternoon, I'm exhausted. Janae is teething a whole bunch of her back teeth (too tired to remember the correct name of the teeth), Kayley's had a full morning at her holiday programme, Rogan's just woken up from a much needed nap and I haven't had a minute to think let alone rest. Needless to say I lost the plot a little bit. I'd locked myself in my room for five minutes to try and get my head together. I think only a couple of minutes had passed when I hear the crashing of a plate being broken, then Kayley shouting at Rogan cos he'd wet his pants and then she was tugging at my door telling me I was behaving like a spoilt child. She was probably right.


Thankfully Grandad turned up from his quiet afternoon out just in time. He's taken the children off to the orchard for a bit. Want to know the silliest thing? All I feel is guilt. Guilt that I can't quite cope today. Silly. But true.

No comments:

Post a Comment