About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Love Libraries

A recent trip to the library the other day resulted in a great haul . . . and a diversion from the gorgeous throw I'm currently working on. I found a book Too Cute Crochet with the most beautiful hats for children. Many I'd never subject my children to wearing but I had to make a strawberry hat for Janae. Then Rogan asked if he could have a candy cane hat. There was, in fact, a pattern for this, but having used up all my left over reds on Janae's hat I had to make a Peppermint Swirl hat for him instead. It's very french and he's so cute in it. I don't know what people will think if he wears it in public but who cares?

Now I'm off to peruse Martha Stewart's cookie book so I can make a list of ingredients for our trip to the supermarket this afternoon.

Grandad and Kayley left for Auckland this morning so I'm keeping the children amused before afternoon naps, then we'll head off into town late this afternoon. I intend to get Janae a bike type toy as the one Rogan had only has one set of wheels and she's really ready to ride something. Rogan will also get a treat (as he was devastated at being left behind) and once we've got all the groceries I'll treat them to something nice for dinner. Should be a great day all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment