About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's Moments Like These . . .


That make raising children so enjoyable.

Today I was folding washing and pottering about. Rogan and Kayley were off being given a right ole time with Grandad on the orchard so it was just Janae and I at home. Earlier Sophie had taken them all swimming so Janae's little water boat was still out. Usually, if this particular toy is out in the open, she doesn't get a look in as Rogan plays with it all the time. Well, never one to miss an opportunity, she jumped inside and played, and played, and played. I just couldn't resist whipping out the camera when she started making gooey eyes at me through the little windows.


It really is these precious moments when your heart melts, when you remember just how unique and beautiful they are, when you just want to be small enough to crawl into their imaginary place and play with them, it's these moments when the tears, tantrums and tiredness (and I'm thinking exclusively of my own behaviour) disappears into insignificance. Thank you my gorgeous girl for making my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment