About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Jolly Good Talking To

Is what I gave myself last night.

I realised that, no matter how different things are now, no matter how often I dwell on that . . . or tell myself not to, this is my life. So, it is high time I stopped wallowing, stopped feeling sorry for myself, stopped expecting someone to come along and rescue me. Suck it up woman, I said to myself, and enjoy what life's dealt you.

This morning I bounced out of bed at 5.45am with a new outlook. Miracles don't happen over night, so I'm expecting to walk into the odd wall of pity. That's okay, I'll just remember the new motto . . . Chin Up, Smile, Be Positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment