About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Life's ups and downs




Yesterday was something of a red letter day in our family with the most significant event being Rogan's little letter from pre-school thanking him for being so nice to all his friends. Wow, that's a break through because Rogan's the sort of boy who usually will shove his way to what he wants rather than negotiate his way. So we had a little party at home complete with a candle each in a cream bun, a balloon each and lots of cheer.
Today . . . just check out my little man's face this morning. Not a happy chap. He's had tantrums because he couldn't get his rain coat off the rack, because he couldn't get his hood to stay on, because he couldn't find both pockets, because he forgot to push the chair out before climbing up and got stuck. Ahhhh, the list is endless. Needless to say we've just had a big discussion about how, if we can't play nicely with others, we have to play alone in our rooms. That seems to have done the trick for the next couple of minutes.
Janae, on the other hand, had a rough start to the day, but our little cowgirl is currently trying to put my trainers on her feet, along with wearing her cowgirl hat and will be kept amused for at least ten minutes. I hope so as I'm at a critical point in my design. Can't lose the momentum now!

No comments:

Post a Comment