About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Mirror of My Soul


It's complete . . . the first project done in 40 gauge crochet cotton. And it was sometimes a complete challenge and sometimes a complete joy: thus, I've named it "The Mirror of my soul".

It's been my school holiday project (the thing to keep me sane while I have three children at home. Interestingly it's been a similar process to how my parenting has gone. There have been evenings when I've loved every stitch, enjoyed seeing it emerge beneath my fingers. Others it's been an unpick after unpick. In fact, there's even one round with a huge error in that, at the time, I just couldn't be bothered going back to fix. See if you can spot it.

So now it's on to the next project, which is top secret as it's to be a gift for someone. Again it's in 40 gauge so we'll just see how that works out.

2 comments:

  1. If it was a clock, the error is at 6:30 -- missing a square. I'm a life-long crocheter and if I hadn't done such things myself, I could have never found it. It is gorgeous!
    I was once told that, as humans, we can do nothing perfect. If you do something perfect, it is time to die. Sometime I leave a mistake and use this as my justification. (lol)
    40 gague is fun, but it's not easy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete