About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, July 20, 2009

The Old Remedies


I think it's safe to say that, by now, we've established that I'm just a wee bit anal retentive. So it's with a smile that I post this story.

Many years ago, after sharing with my mum's friend Pat that I just couldn't seem to get my whites to stay white, nor return once whites to their shining brightness the way my mother did, Pat arrived on my doorstep with a little bar of Sard Soap. She promised me it would be my best friend for life and that it would erase stains, restore whiteness and bring me life long happiness (well, she didn't really promise the last bit). Pat was not wrong. This shirt, hanging merrily in the breeze this morning was, at this time yesterday, covered in weet bix, chocolate biscuit, teething dribble and uncountable other toddler stains.

So with the enthusiasm that can only come from having one child in the house, who is happily trying on every woollen hat in the house, I whipped out the sard soap this morning and performed miracles. It's a little sad that this makes me so happy, but who cares? Happy is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment