About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sweet Conversation


It's been a pretty good day, all things considered. Having realised at the end of last term that Rogan really isn't interested in Mainly Music, except for morning tea, I fobbed him off on grandad this morning and just took Janae. We had a lovely time singing and dancing. She sat contentedly on the mat having her biscuit and drink while I sat in a corner with my cup of tea and piece of cake chatting to other mums (something I don't have the chance to do with two children in tow).

Returning home the boys were still out and about so I had time to chat with Brenda while she finished mopping the mud room floor.

After lunch Chris came out and we sat chatting about all sorts of things while Janae slept and Rogan played. She read stories to the children when I went to pick up Kayley where, once again, I had time to chat to some mums again.

It's strange how we don't realise how important something as simple as conversation without children is until we experience it. I haven't exactly rested, I've not achieved a great deal but I've got a renewed sense of self after today. All I need to do now is hang onto it for another four days!

No comments:

Post a Comment