About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sweet Sleep


Despite having my wires crossed about what time my solitude started this morning I managed to get everyone out the door by 9.30. A quick run down to the shop to stock up on bread and milk then home for ten minutes crochet and off to bed. Wow, I know sleep is good for the body but it's also good for the mind and soul.

I never really want to sleep on my alone time as it seems such a waste but it's been worth it. I've even got the enthusiasm to make one of those scrummy mince dishes our mothers always make that's got rich gravy, lots of veges and just makes us feel good on a cold winter night.

Added to this the children had a great time with their nana and the added bonus of catching up with their big brothers. So, we're almost off for a hot soak . . . on the condition that the children do their thing and let me just sit and cook slowly in the hot water. Mmmmm, and as dinner is done I hope to be able to sit and watch a fishing show at five thirty. Not holding my breath though.

Oh the photograph of the roses is just to illustrate how much better I'm feeling from my morning alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment