About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Two Days Longer Than I Expected


Well, it's taken longer than I expected for me to fall into my mothers warm arms and have a really good cry. I know . . . the shame of having a cry in mother's arms at my age. But it felt so good, until I realised I was starting to make her cry too.


I think the thing that has surprised me most has been the need to adjust back to having the woman of the house back. I hadn't realised what little routines and habits we'd gotten into in just eight weeks. Now Mum's back and I remember it's her house, not mine. Ah well, only a few months to go and all that will change.


So, I've been given leave to curl up in Kayley's bed for a snooze this afternoon. The trouble is, I've fallen in love and want to take him to bed with me. That is, I've developed a lovely wee crush on Rufus Sewell and when I was at the library yesterday I stumbled across a DVD on an old film of his. Mmmmm, warm bed, laptop, good film, sexy man. No! I must remain strong and concentrate on sleep!



Oh, and this photograph of Janae is showing her in one of the many very cute outfits bought for her by friends and family in the UK. Right now, she's outside in the garden with Nanny and she's even wearing her new sneakers that have little stars on them which light up with every step. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment