About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Typical

A day that started with such promise has been an eternally difficult one. However, it's almost at and end. So let's see . . . where has today taken me?

I've been vomited on;

I've been peed on;

I've been pooped on;

I've been slept on;

I've been cried on.

I have managed to get most of the washing done (not folded and put away yet). I've emptied the dishwasher. I've been for a brief walk in the wonderful stiff breeze. I've even managed to clean an oven.

All this aside, there is one part of today that makes me laugh. Kayley was sitting at the bench telling me how sore her tummy was when her cheeks filled, her eyes bulged and her stomach heaved. I, naturally, panicked. I shoved a tea towel in her face thinking "help, what am I supposed to do?" She wiped her mouth and as another surge came on she shouted "get me an ice cream container." Ah, of course . . . sensible girl.

Thankfully she's had a miraculous recovery after sleeping all morning and will be fine for school I think. It's poor little Janae that's suffering and not from a tummy bug (at least I don't think so). Those big back teeth are plaguing her and she's having temperatures, bottom explosions and just won't sleep in the afternoons. I was so tired of the screaming this afternoon that I bundled her up, took her to my bed, lay her on my tummy and rubbed her back until she stopped. I think she dozed on and off for an hour, but the quiet was bliss.

I am just reminding myself that this time next week my mum will be home. While she'll be shattered and not expected to lift a finger, just to see her face and know she loves me will be enough . . . for a couple of days anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment