About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Welcome Home Mum and Duty Free Kids





It seems fitting that my 100th post should be this one.

What a fabulous Sunday. The morning didn't start well. I hid out in my mum's bed last night for a decent night's sleep and was woken through the baby monitor that Rogan had gone into my room and woken Janae . . . very early. Then I found out that the rest of the family were due back from Auckland three hours earlier than expected so we were frantic getting everything done in time. However, once they arrived we were stoked to see Nanny and we've had a pretty good day, as the pictures show.

I had to use the title "Duty Free Kids" as the children had great fun wearing the safety packaging from Nanny's bottle of rum after dinner. Rogan even said we'd had a "pretend party" as we'd had a big roast dinner, wine (even I had two glasses, so excuse the typos) and lots of playing after dinner.

They're all asleep now and Mum's off to her bed as I type this. Tomorrow will be a quieter day with Kayley and Rogan out of the house. I might even get a chance to get into the library tomorrow afternoon at long last.

No comments:

Post a Comment