About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

What a Great Day!



Sundays, as a rule, are the toughest day of the week, especially wet ones. With three kids who've been cooped up indoors without the stimulus of school and pre-school, having to clean up from making huts that were five minute wonders, begging to do some baking or something equally mess making. Today, however, we've had a lovely time. This is, in no small part, due to lovely gifts from the childrens' mother.
They had a visit with their mum yesterday and came home with lots of gifts she'd got them on her recent trip to the UK. Kayley got a much sought after two wheeled scooter (which means Rogan has officially inherited the three wheeled one) and the other prime gift was a jungle slide with three animals that zoom down at break neck speed all while fun jungle sounds chime out. This was supposed to be Janae's gift I think, but Rogan's completely in love with it.
Added to these holiday pressies was a trip to the farm today. We went visiting this morning. It was wet, but that never stops four children racing around outdoors, jumping on trampolines and making loads of noise. There was, as there always is with children, the odd skirmish, but I know that I and my fellow mother had a lovely time talking craft, drinking tea and coveting each other's creations.
And to top off a brilliant day, my neighbour Sharon arrived over at afternoon tea time with fresh double chocolate muffins (so fresh they were still steaming) for a cup of tea and a catch up. It never ceases to amaze me that less than 20 metres of soil can separate two families and yet their paths almost never cross.
Now, the children are all in bed. The girls are asleep and Rogan is cooing and cuddling Chester (his giraffe shaped hot water bottle) heading for sleepy bliss. I'm settling down to some more crochet and the final of The Amazing Race. Oh I love evenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment