About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wooden Word Blocks


Having dragged myself along to Mainly Music yesterday I felt I deserved my own time out and went to Crafty Girls last night (when I should probably have had an early night).
Last night's theme was wooden word blocks. While once again, I'm not completely convinced about the results, it's still quite fun. And it was fun to do. However, as with most things we tackle at Crafty Girls, it's a craft I'd like to try with more than two hours to spare. Paint drying is one key element, and taking time over the stenciling etc.
And, as is always my feeling after my craft night, I don't care as much about the result as the freedom of an evening out with like minded women, a nice hot cup of tea and a giggle. Thanks again ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment